Shailesh Gupta, M.D., F.A.C.S. - Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon specializing in diseases of the retina and vitreous. He brings extensive experience in the treatment of a wide variety of retina disorders, including age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Education and Training
- Assistant Professor & Retina Faculty, Department of Ophthalmology for 9 years, University of Florida
- Fellowship Trained in Surgical and Medical Diseases of the Retina, University of Florida - Jacksonville
- Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Florida - Gainesville
- Doctorate in Medicine with Research Distinction, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, University of Miami
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
Research, Publications and Areas of Interest
- Pioneered novel surgical techniques in the management of retinal detachments.
- Active participant and co-author in a number of national research trials including AREDS 2 and several protocols of the Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network (DRCR.net).
Honors, Awards and Achievements
- 2012 Honor Award Recipient, American Society of Retina Specialists
- 2011 Honor Award Recipient, American Academy of Ophthalmologists
- 1997 Awarded Medical Doctorate with Research Distinction
Licensure & Certification
- Strong roots in Florida attending middle school, high school, college, and professional training in Florida.