The SurgiCare Center for eye surgery at Eye Centers of Florida
The SurgiCare Center at Eye Centers of Florida was established to ensure our patients benefit from world class facilities, experienced surgeons and medical staff, in a warm, friendly and caring environment. Eye Surgery for cataracts, retinal detachment, glaucoma, eyelid surgery or other procedures can be a very stressful experience for the patient and the family. This is why we created a separate surgical suite adjacent to our main office to serve the unique needs of our surgical patients. Even under stressful circumstances we do our best to help our patients have a pleasant and comfortable experience.
Our SurgiCare Center: Advanced Surgical Solutions and High Quality Patient Care
The SurgiCare Center at Eye Centers of Florida provides a professional, caring and friendly environment for all patients undergoing eye surgery. With a history of providing world-class surgical solutions and exceptional standards of patient care to the people of Southwest Florida since 1982. We are proud to be certified by Medicare and further accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
You can be comfortable and confident you have made the right choice for your surgery.
Why is it important for our SurgiCare Center to be Accredited?
Being accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. means that The Eye Centers of Florida SurgiCare Center has met the high standards of an independent, nationally recognized health care organization. In the accreditation process our staff, facilities, procedures, patient care protocols and results have been examined and evaluated by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. and SurgiCare Center at Eye Centers of Florida has met their high standards.
As a result our patients can be confident they are receiving exceptional care from a high quality medical team and surgical facility that meets the highest national standards for quality care.
What Conditions Are Treated with Eye Surgery at the SurgiCare Center?
At our state-of-the-art facility, we provide surgical solutions for the following conditions:
- Permanent contact lens implants (ICLs)
- Retinal detachments and tears
- Eyelid Lifts
Where is the SurgiCare Center located?
The eye surgery center is located at 4101 Evans Avenue, Fort Myers, Florida. The SurgiCare Center is adjacent to our main office at the rear of the building with a separate drive up entrance and ample parking nearby. When you arrive follow the signs to the SurgiCare Center entrance. We are happy to provide assistance to patients with disabilities or mobility difficulties both before and after the procedure.
SurgiCare Center Experience
The SurgiCare Center at Eye Centers of Florida is staffed with experienced professionals that are committed to providing exceptional care and service to our patients. You will be efficiently checked-in, we will answer all your questions and we will do our best to provide for all your needs while you are with us. We pride ourselves on the reputation we have built for exceptional care and patient results in the community. We want you to have a positive experience and enjoy improved vision for the rest of your life.
Depending upon your insurance or Medicare coverage, we will ask you for a payment at the time of scheduling or no later than 3 days prior to your scheduled surgical procedure at the SurgiCare Center. You should be prepared to pay any copayments, deductibles, coinsurance or elective surgical procedures before you receive care. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, Care Credit, cashier’s checks, and money orders. We do not accept personal checks for surgical procedures on the day of surgery.
We will be happy to submit a claim to your insurance company and/or Medicare for SurgiCare Center costs. Based upon your insurance plan and Medicare coverage, you may receive separate billing for the surgeon and the anesthetist who provide your care at the SurgiCare Center. You may also receive separate bills for pathology services, if pathology is ordered by your surgeon. You will receive a cost estimate prior to your surgical procedure from our financial counselors and information about your healthcare providers participation in your insurance plan or Medicare.
If you have any insurance/financial questions prior to your scheduled procedure, you may call our Financial Counselors at 239.335.1810. For billing questions after your surgical procedure, you may call our Billing Office at 239.939.3456.
- Services may be provided in SurgiCare Center, Inc. by other health care providers who may separately bill you and such health care providers may or may not participate with the same health insurers or health maintenance organizations as the surgery center. You will receive a separate bill from SurgiCare Center for use of the facility.
- You may request from SurgiCare Center, Inc. and other health care providers a more personalized estimate of charges and other information. You should contact each health care practitioner who will provide services in the facility to determine the health insurers and health maintenance organizations that the health care practitioner participates as a network provider or preferred provider.
- If you are unable to pay for services, we can assist you with completing an application for financing from an outside vendor, Care Credit or you may go to the website for further information or to apply: carecredit.com. Care Credit is a credit card that can make it easier to take care of your health and wellness needs.
- Payment is due at time of service or, in some cases, before. If payment is not received in a timely fashion, you may be turned over to an outside collection agency.
- You should contact your insurer or HMO regarding your cost-sharing responsibilities.
- You can find data on health care costs at FloridaHealthPriceFinder.gov.
The following are the health care practitioners and medical practice groups with which SurgiCare Center, Inc. contracts to provide services in the facility. You may contact the practitioners and groups directly to determine the health insurers and health maintenance organizations with which they participate as network providers or preferred providers.
- Eye Centers of Florida, 4101 Evans Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901, (239) 939-3456. View Doctors »
- Barrett R. Ginsberg, M.D. F.A.C.S., Ophthalmic Surgeon, 77 8th St S, Ste B, Naples, FL 34012, (239) 325-2015
- AmeriPath, 1620 Medical Ln, Suite 100, Fort Myers, FL 33907, (239) 275-1164
- Lee Health Labs, 2776 Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901, (239) 424-3177
- Quest Diagnostics, 15740 New Hampshire Ct, Fort Myers, FL 33908, (888) 277-8772
Patients or prospective patients should not rely on this posted information without contacting the facility directly to confirm what may apply to them.
AGENCY FOR HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
The AHCA provides the following online resource for patients to search provider price and quality in comparison with other surgical centers. Patients will also find helpful resources such as Hospice and consumer guides, health education, and locations for other Florida health care facilities and providers within your area. Link: www.floridahealthfinder.gov
Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed
Our team is committed to providing excellent, personalized care to all our patients and is confident you’ll be comfortable and pleased with the care you receive from our surgeons and staff. If you have an unresolved issue with our facility, please contact our Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Surgical Services or Director of Nursing at 239-939-3456 to discuss your concerns.
You may also contact the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) through the following channels:
Mail: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc.
5250 Old Orchard Road
Skokie, IL 60077
This will not impact on the care you receive at the SurgiCare Center by our surgeons and staff.