Mark Gillespie, M.D.
Mark Gillespie, M.D.
Board Certified Comprehensive Ophthalmologist, Anterior Segment and Refractive Eye Surgeon.
Dr. Mark Gillespie is board certified in ophthalmology and specializes in refractive eye surgery. He performs laser assisted cataract surgery, dropless cataract surgery, LASIK laser surgery, DSEK advanced corneal transplantation, glaucoma laser procedures and minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS). He believes that each patient gets 100% of his attention to help them achieve their vision goals.
Dr. Gillespie graduated summa cum laude from Vanderbilt University and attended Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. He currently splits his time between his home and practice in Kentucky and his home and our offices here in Florida.
Areas of Specialty
- Cataract Surgery
- DSEK – And Advanced Corneal Transplantation Procedure
- Glaucoma Treatment and Laser Procedures
- Advanced Glaucoma Surgery
- Comprehensive Eye Exams and Eye Health Management
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
- Kentucky Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Virginia Hospitals, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Flexible Internship, Evanston Hospital affiliated with Northwestern University School of Medicine, Evanston, Illinois
- Medical Doctorate, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Molecular Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- Three-time winner of the Paducah Sun’s Favorite Ophthalmologist Award
- Top 100 Surgeons, LaserVision Inc., 2003, 2004, 2005
- Top 50 Practices, LaserVision Inc., 2003, 2004, 2005
- LaserVision Gold Surgeon, 2004
- Distinguished Service Award, St. Nicholas Family Clinic, 1997-2004
- Outstanding Resident Paper, Third Place, Pharmacia Corp., July 1985
- Summa Cum Laude Graduate, Vanderbilt University, 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1976-present
- State of Florida
- State of Kentucky
- State of Illinois