Sara Toomey, O.D.
- Ocular Disease Residency, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
- Doctor of Optometry with Honors, Nova Southeastern University
- Bachelor of Science in Vision Science, Nova Southeastern University
- Internship, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami
- Internship, Malcom Randall Veterans Affairs Clinic
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Pre-Optometry, University of Florida
- Florida Board Certified Optometric Physician
- The National Board of Examiners in Optometry, Parts I, II, II, Injection Licensure
- Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative Certification
Honors and Awards
- Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society
- Nova Southeastern University Dean’s List
- Jake Wolfe Outstanding Clinical Performance Scholarship, Nova Southeastern University
- Student Development Award, Florida Optometric Association
Associations & Professional Activities
- American Optometric Association
- Florida Optometric Association
- Southwest Florida Optometric Association
- Toomey S, Like Mother Like Daughter; Bilateral optic nerve dysplasia and associated maculopathy with familial inheritance. SECO 2019 New Orleans; 2019 Feb 22, New Orleans, LA.
- Toomey S, Ekure E, Wang J, Zhuo R, Zhang B. Anisotropy of Perceived Depth in Global Motion. American Academy of Optometry 2017 Chicago; 2017 Oct 12, Chicago, IL.
Dr. Sara Toomey was born and raised in Cape Coral, Florida. During her time in college, she worked as an Ophthalmic Assistant right here at Eye Centers of Florida. In her free time, Dr. Toomey enjoys scuba diving, baking, paddle boarding, and spoiling her nieces and nephews.