What is a Brow Lift?
A brow lift is a cosmetic procedure that raises the brow line. Sometimes called a forehead lift or forehead rejuvenation, a brow lift will improve the youthfulness of your facial features. It accomplishes this by surgically raising the position of the forehead, which decreases wrinkles. In some cases, it also stops the brow from pressing into the eyelids and obstructing vision.
Do I Need a Brow Lift?
When the brow begins to droop due to aging, this naturally furrowed brow can give off the impression that you’re concerned, angry, tired, or sad — even when you’re none of those things. It can also cause the upper part of your face to develop wrinkles and lines, such as horizontal lines across the forehead and frown lines between the eyebrows.
This sagging of the brow can also contribute to sagging upper eyelids, which may lead to aesthetic and vision problems, like partially obstructed vision.
The Benefits of a Forehead Lift
Brow lifts have many benefits that can better your overall appearance, and how you feel about yourself. Getting a brow lift at The Aesthetic Center can:
- Improve the appearance of forehead wrinkles
- Reduce lines between the eyebrows
- Raise sagging brows
- Restore a more youthful and friendly appearance
The Difference Between a Brow and Upper Eyelid Lift
Some of our patients have asked about the difference between brow lifts and upper eyelid lifts. While both procedures have life-changing aesthetic benefits, they are performed on different areas of the face and produce different results.
While a brow lift is used to raise the brow, an upper eyelid lift repairs droopy eyelids. Also called a blepharoplasty, an eyelid lift removes excess skin above the upper eyelid. This addresses droopy eyelids, bags under the eyes, and can even partially lift sagging brows.
Brow lifts and blepharoplasties can be performed at the same time, making it simple to comprehensively improve the upper part of your face and double-down on brow enhancement.
What Happens During a Brow Lift?
There are various methods for performing brow lifts. Before your surgery, our Board Certified Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon, Allison Bertram Yee, M.D., will help you determine the best procedure for your unique needs. With her years of experience performing cosmetic surgeries, Dr. Yee can provide you with the brow lift procedure that best restores your true expression and helps you achieve exceptional, natural-looking results.
The three procedures most commonly performed are:
- Endoscopic brow lift: After making small incisions just behind the hairline, we lift the brow tissues and re-anchor them higher along your head. This ensures that the brow will stay in a raised position, and leaves minimal scarring.
- Coronal brow lift: A coronal brow lift can produce dramatic results because it involves pulling the entire forehead back, rather than specially-selected parts of the forehead. This procedure raises the hairline, so we don’t typically recommend it for those with high or receding hairlines.
- Hairline brow lift: As with a coronal brow lift, the entire forehead is lifted in this procedure, but because the incision is made between the top of the hairline and the forehead, it won’t further raise the existing hairline.
Before each of these procedures, we’ll administer a general anesthetic to ensure that you don’t feel anything during surgery. A brow lift typically takes one to two hours, and is performed on an outpatient basis so you can return home on the same day.
Why Choose The Aesthetic Center
for Your Brow Lift
At The Aesthetic Center at Eye Centers of Florida, we’re proud to provide life-changing and confidence-boosting brow lift procedures. Whether you’re looking to smooth the lines and wrinkles on your forehead, raise brows that are drooping into your eyelids, or restore a youthful appearance, Dr. Yee and her team can provide the precise procedures and personalized care you need for great results.