David C. Brown, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
- Sutureless Cataract Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
- Diplomate – American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons
- American Board of Eye Surgery – Cataract and Refractive Surgeries
Honors & Offices
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Listing in “Best Doctors in America” for 10 years
- Gulfshore Life Magazine Man of the Year 1998
- Board of Directors, American Board of Eye Surgeons
- International Advisory Board for Uncommon Friends Foundation
- Bachelor of Science, University of Florida
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Florida School of Medicine
- Residency in Ophthalmology, University of Florida
- NIH Fellow in Ophthalmology, University of Florida
- Instructor of Ophthalmology and Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Florida
Associations & Professional Activities
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- The International Intra-Ocular Implant Club
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Eye Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Lee County Medical Society
- International Institute of Advanced Laser Surgery
- Outpatient Ophthalmic Surgery Society
- Fellow, Society for Excellence in Eyecare
Born in Miami and raised in Collier County, Dr. Brown supports organizations dedicated to the preservation of wildlife, and takes an active leadership role in many important environmental and community issues.
Dr. Brown is internationally recognized as a leader in sutureless cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation. He performed the first AquaFlow Collagen Glaucoma Drainage Device procedure in the Southeastern United States for use in the correction of open-angle glaucoma.
Dr. Brown is a pioneer in refractive surgery, specializing in LASIK, LTK and clear lensectomy procedures, and performing the first ICL (Implantable Contact Lens) procedure in the nation. Dr. Brown is the most experienced crystalens® surgeon in the eastern United States.
Dr. Brown participates in many FDA clinical studies for numerous companies. Some recent studies include: Implantable Contact Lenses and Laser Cataract Surgery with intraocular lens implants.
Dr. Brown has authored numerous scientific and clinical articles and is active in teaching and lecturing. He is well known for his efforts to provide eye care to those who are financially underprivileged locally, as well as through the International Institute of Advanced Laser Surgery in the Dominican Republic.