At Eye Centers of Florida, we believe that supporting your eye health goes beyond your annual eye exam. Properly protecting your vision also means ensuring that your eyes have all the nutritional support they need to function at their best.
If you’re suffering from an eye issue that’s affecting your eyesight, or want to be proactive about protecting your vision, there are various supplements our experienced Fort Myers eye doctors can recommend to help support your eyes, prevent or slow the progression of eye diseases, and even improve your vision.
Dry Eye Support
Dry eye syndrome occurs when your eyes aren’t producing enough tears, or if your tears fail to properly moisturize your eyes. Because tears are essential for protecting, lubricating, and clearing the surface of the eye, insufficient tears can lead to painful symptoms. Dry eyes can be caused by numerous factors, including the environment, autoimmune diseases, and decreased sensation in your cornea.
Those with dry eyes can experience:
- Stinging or burning
- Stringy mucus in or around the eyes
- Excessive tearing
- Eye strain and trouble focusing
Dry Eye Supplements
If you’ve been diagnosed with dry eye, our doctors have an array of treatments that can easily be done at home to help you alleviate the discomfort of dry eye. One effective solution is our Dry Eye Formula. This oral supplement provides your eyes with a dose of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, clinically proven to support the function of the tear glands, which help your eyes produce healthy tears.
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Support
Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is one of the most common causes of blindness, especially among older people. This disease causes deterioration of the macula, the small structure at the back of the eye that’s responsible for the ability to read, drive, recognize faces, and perform other fine detail work.
In an effort to combat AMD and prevent vision loss, the National Eye Institute conducted an Age-Related Eye Disease Study, also known as AREDS. The study established a precise combination of ingredients that helped treat AMD by slowing the progression of the disease.
If you’re at high risk for developing AMD, or want to slow the progression of your AMD, our doctors at Eye Centers of Florida will recommend one of our trusted macular supplements:
- Eye Formula for AMD: This formula incorporates the antioxidants used in AREDS supplements with a multitude of additional nutrients (i.e. Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Lycopene, Bilberry, Eyebright, and Flax seed), all of which can benefit your eye health.*
- Zinc-Free Eye Formula for AMD: This supplement has the same antioxidants used in the AREDS formula to support macular health and prevent the progression of AMD, but without zinc. Our zinc-free supplement is designed for those who want to protect their vision from AMD but have been recommended by their doctor to lower their intake of zinc.*
- Total Whole Body Eye Formula for AMD: Our Total Whole Body Eye Formula for AMD combines multivitamins with the antioxidant nutrients which were utilized in the AREDS formula. Our special, proprietary blend provides full-body and macular support for those at high risk for or suffering from AMD.*
- Total Whole Body Eye Formula for AMD, Zinc-Free: The Total Whole Body Eye Formula for AMD, Zinc-Free contains the same antioxidants and multivitamins found in the AREDS formula, but without zinc. This formula will benefit those who need to decrease their zinc intake but still want a multivitamin for macular support.*
Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that put pressure on the optic nerve, which threatens vision and can cause a permanent loss of sight. Glaucoma can develop very slowly and subtly, meaning that most people won’t recognize glaucoma immediately.
Symptoms of glaucoma include:
- A sudden loss of vision
- Blurred vision
- Severe eye pain/head pain
- Nausea or vomiting
Glaucoma is a serious condition that requires prompt treatment to lower the risk of vision loss. If you’re suffering from glaucoma or are at high risk, our doctors will recommend you try our Glaucoma Support Formula.
Our Glaucoma Support Formula incorporates proven ingredients aimed at reducing eye pressure by up to 25%, helping treat, prevent, or lower your risk for developing this vision-threatening condition.*
Eye Centers of Florida Eye Supplements
We may be experts in eye health at Eye Centers of Florida, but we don’t expect you to be. The eyes are complex organs that need proper care and professional attention to function properly. If you believe that you could benefit from an eye supplement, request an appointment online or call us today at (888) 393-2455 to find out how we can help you keep your eyes healthy.